Et Tu Yahoo ?

When I logged in to my machine today, I got a nasty shock. My trusted Symantec Antivirus reported that my recently installed Yahoo Widgets is a Virus...and so is my beloved media player silver bullet Democracy Player. I am not sure if Yahoo Widgets is really a virus but I am not going to use it anymore. On the other hand, I don't think this is a false alarm. I have been using Symantec AV for a long time now and it has never let me down. The mind boggles to think how vulnerable we are to the threats if industry leaders like Yahoo ships virus and other nasty surprises in their 'revolutionary' path breaking software. I hate Internet.

Technorati tags: , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the very same Symantec that no one trusts anymore but is preloaded into practically every computer?

Anonymous said...

Even AVG and ClamWin reports security threats and everyone trusts Symantec.